The 1st edition of the 2020 Optical Wireless Communication Conference will take place in Eindhoven, 5 October 2020.
The conference focuses on leading edge research on Optical Wireless Communication in its different forms and gathers experts from academia and industry to show their latest technical results and showcase their products and services. The application scope is broad and it ranges from Ultra-short range to Ultra-long range.
Conference topics cover visible light communication, infrared optical and ultraviolet communication. These different forms of OWC can potentially be employed in a diverse range of communication applications ranging from optical interconnects within integrated circuits through outdoor inter-building links to free-space satellite communications.
The following topics will be covered during the conference:
- Ultra-short range: for instance chip-to-chip communications in stacked and closely packed multi-chip packages
- Short range: For instance wireless personal area network (WPAN) applications under standard IEEE 802.15.7 and underwater communications.
- Medium range: indoor IR and visible light communications (VLC) for wireless local area networks (WLANs) and inter-vehicular and vehicle-to-infrastructure communications.
- Long range: inter-building connections, also called free-space optical communications (FSO).
- Ultra-long range: Laser communication in space especially for inter-satellite links and establishment of satellite constellations
Click here for the organisation committee.
If you are interested to present your paper, go to the call for paper page.
Follow the conferece offline or online
We have decided to offer this conference both OFFLINE (on location) or ONLINE. During the registration process you can select which one to attend.
The video below is an interview with Professor Jean-Paul Linnartz, chairman of the scientific committee of this conference.
If you are interested in a business related conference on wireless communication, visit the Li-Fi Conference website.